From our friends at Discover Delicious here is a great way to use some of our products on boxing day, enjoy!
The perfect Boxing Day recipe, this Turkey Tacos recipe was created for Discover Delicious by our friend and favourite foodie, Imran Nathoo (who also happens to be a MasterChef Quarter Finalist!) Here’s what he had to say about this recipe;
“I’m taking the “traditional” turkey curry and flipping it into something more exciting! The aim of this dish is to inject some life back into leftover turkey! Quick to make and easy to do this fun and vibrant dish will be sure to perk up any Boxing Day. Here we take hand blended spices form Parva Spices and combine them with little flavour bombs which will kick start those taste buds after that Christmas day excess. Pure sunshine food but be warned this has some bite!”
- 250g cooked turkey which has been cooled and stored appropriately – cut into strips, small chunks or shredded if possible
- 150g coarse semolina
- 2 tbsp Caribbean Curry Powder from Parva Spices
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Welsh rapeseed oil
- 200g of natural yoghurt
- 1 overflowing tsp of Ting tropical hot sauce from Parva Spices
- 4 pre made mini tacos
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Large handful of picked coriander leaves
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and finely diced
- Wedges of fresh lime
- Halen Mon Sea Salt
For the turkey:
- In a large tray combine the coarse semolina, Caribbean curry powder and salt. Then spread evenly.
- Add the cooked cooled turkey to the tray and coat with the semolina spice mix.
- Pour the oil into a large frying pan to about 1cm depth, heat to 180 centigrade (tip: an instant read probe style thermometer is excellent to check the temperature of the oil)
- Add the coated turkey to the hot oil to shallow fry, being sure not to over crowd the pan which will cause the temperature of the oil to drop resulting in turkey that is not crispy and a bit oily!
- Cook the turkey until golden turning half way though cooking (tip: metal tongs are best for this)
- Transfer to a tray lined with kitchen roll to drain any excess oil.
- Best served as soon as possible.
For the cucumber:
- Top and tail the cucumber ends and discard, then cut the cumber length ways into two. Scoop out the watery centre with a teaspoon.
- Slice on the angle (fairly thinly) then place in a container/bowl
- Coat in the vinegar and salt
- Mix to combine then cover and set aside in the fridge for at least 20-30 mins.
- Before serving drain away any excess liquid and place the slices on an all purpose cloth to remove any remaining excess liquid.
For the yogurt
- Combine the yogurt and the Ting hot sauce (add more Ting if you want more heat!)
- Warm the mini tacos in an oven
- Then arrange them on a board or slate or similar.
- Spread a generous amount of the yogurt mixture on each taco
- Top each with a mound of the spiced crispy turkey.
- Top each with pickled cucumber, diced red chilli, coriander and a side of lime
- Serve the bottle of Ting on the side so folks can add more tropical spice if required
- Alternatively serve all elements separately in bowls and plates and let people build their own tacos!
- Serve immediately!
Tip: Recipe can easily be doubled to accommodate more turkey.